The project explores the potential of digital technologies applied to museums and seeks to connect the Maker Community and digital industries with museums and museum practitioners to break down barriers, open the doors of the museum and explore new ways of interpreting collections.
Museums are seen as dynamic learning environments in which staff and visitors can use accessible digital tools to explore and reason about collections in new and creative ways.
The project Creative Musem will produce research on good practices at European level, recommendations and guidelines to develop creative activities in museums; it will organize training for museum staff and residencies for Makers.
One of the dissemination events takes place in Bologna on 8 October 2015, while the final conference will be in Zagreb in June 2017.
- France: Cap Sciences (Project Coordinator)
- Croatia: Radiona Hackerspace
- Italy: Steps
- Ireland: Chester Beatty Library
- Italy: Istituto per i Beni Culturali, Regione Emilia Romagna
- France: Museomix
- Finland: Finnish Museums Association
- Norway: Museums of the South Trondheim (MiST)
- UK: Heritec Limited
- Don Undeen, Senior Manager MediaLab, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA
- Jasper Visser, Inspired By Coffee, The Netherlands