CEC - Cradles of European Culture
With the aim of creating a brand for the activities and products of the CEC project the central part of Europe, known around 850-1050 AD as Francia Media, will serve as the underlying carrier of meaning and field of study. Francia Media will be the ‘trademark’ of the CEC project.
In order to achieve the above aim, the main objectives of the CEC project are as follows:
a. Validate the premise of the perception of a European cultural identity through scientific research.
b. Demonstrate in a tangible way the recognisable strands of the European cultural identity through exhibitions and a heritage route.
c. Convince a large public of the historic cultural roots of the idea of Europe through a broad communication (and educational) offensive.
d. Ensure the sustainability of the initiative after termination of the project.
Detailed information is available in the project website: www.cradlesec.eu
NEWS (posted on May 08, 2013):
The contest "I Love Cultural Heritage" sponsored by IBC has been officialy launched. This contest includes a special chapter dedicated to the CEC project.
The contest "I Love Cultural Heritage" aims to support at the regional level a number of initiatives developed in partnership between museums, archives and schools.
Within the contest, the European Project "CEC - Cradles of European Cultures" offers a contribution to fund a special project that should be carried out by museums, archives and schools of Ravenna.
Applicants will have the opportunity to develop their point of view about the idea of cultural transmission and the legacy of Ravenna in Europe, the importance of culture in the construction of Europe and/ or the topicality of this culture in the contemporary Europe. More information is available in Italian in the CEC webpage. Deadline to apply is July 10, 2013.
- Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia (SI) (capo progetto)
- Ename Center for Public Archaeology and Heritage Presentation (BE)
- Provincial Archaeological Museum of Ename (BE)
- Provincial Archaeological Museum of Velzeke (BE)
- Culture Lab – International Cultural Expertise (BE)
- University of Rijeka - Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences (HR)
- Institute for Archaeology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (CZ)
- Université d’AIX-MARSEILLE (FR)
- Römisch-Germanische Kommission des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts (DE)
10. Istituto Beni Culturali Regione Emilia-Romagna (IT)
11. Research Institute for the Heritage and History of Cultural Landscape and Urban Environment (NL)
12. Gemeente Nijmegen - Bureau Archeologie & Monumenten (NL)
13. The Monuments Board of the Slovak Republic (SK)
14. Service Public de Wallonie (BE)
15. Université Libre de Bruxelles (BE)
16. Vrije Universiteit Brussel (BE)
17. vtbKultuur (BE)
18. Museum of Croatian Archaeological Monuments (HR)
19. Národní Muzeum (CZ)
20. CERHIC EA 2616 : Université de Reims – Champagne – Ardenne, Centre d’étude et de recherche en histoire culturelle (FR)
21. Université de Lorraine - CLSH Nancy 2 (FR)
22. Museum bei der Kaiserpfalz Ingelheim (DE)
23. Università degli Studi di Padova - Dipartimento di Storia delle Arti Visive e della Musica (IT)
24. Institut Européen des Itinéraires Culturels (LU)
25. National Museum of Slovenia (SI)
26. Heritage Solutions (NL)
27. Leiden University - Art History Department (NL)
28. Museum Het Valkhof (NL)
Maria Pia Guermandi
Ph. +39 051 527 6683
Maria Pia Guermandi